Friday, January 25, 2013

Upheld in His Hands...

Victory day...How sweet it is! :-) Today God woke me up at again 3:00 am, and I was so thankful for another chance to get up to watch and pray. Thankfully today was not a struggle (as yesterday was) and my heart and mind were entirely devoted to the One I love!

What do we do though, when we miss the mark or don't do what God is asking us to do? From my experience, when this happens, the devil always tries to tempt me to despair, and he begins to remind me of all the other times I've failed. Earlier in my Christian experience, whenever I would find myself in this downtrodden state, I would wallow in my struggles bemoaning how far away I was from where I should be. And deeper I would sink. But I've learned that I cannot wallow, and I must NEVER listen to the devils voice or suggestions. As soon as I fall, I cry for help and run to my Savior! That's what I did yesterday, and that's what I will do again today if he tries to trip me up or get me down.

In Psalm 37:23,24 we are told:


"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand."

Praise the Lord that He upholds us in His hands. (Isn't that a wonderful thought?)  However God's promises don't stop there. They don't just hold us when we fall. They go a step further. They promise that they are able to keep us from falling! Now that's a radical promise…especially if you have a past like mine. ;-)

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever." Jude 1:24,25

God is able and more then able…and if He said it, He must have a way for it to happen. (I think some of that must have to do with learning to "watch and pray!") For now though, let's just remember…although sometimes we may get discouraged, the same God that started the work in our heart will complete it. That is good news!

"Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." Phil. 1:6


So here's to another beautiful Sonshine (spelling intended to glorify the Son of Righteousness) day! :-)

Day 25 - Vit. B-3 Challenge
  • Bible Thought: Thankful to be held safely in His hands…even when I fall!
  • Blessing: Today is my official adoption day…to my Holland family! I am very blessed to have such godly mentors in my life! 
  • Battles Won: I'm still walking in the Lord despite many past failings… and today was a day of victory! PTL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment