Saturday, January 26, 2013

What Gold Mine are we sitting on?

In Haggai 2:8 we are told: "The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts."

Have you ever wished that God would share just a little of that gold and silver with you? Well, He has actually! The problem is that sometimes it just takes a long time for us to discover it!


The Bible says: "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." Ps. 12:6
However, what if God has not just given us a little gold and silver! What if He's given us a whole gold mine??

My friend Eric, brought this analogy home to my heart in a new way this past week with his inspiring message: "The Five Arts of Intimacy." He talked about the intimacy that we can have in marriage and more importantly the intimacy we should have in our relationship with Christ. It's a message that you really have to listen to, to get the full impact. But let me plant a couple thoughts in your mind that he shared which I have been meditating upon.

First, in Gen. 2:10-12 we are told: "And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasses the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; And the gold of that land is good."

Here's how Eric applies it, with a personal letter from God!


The Gold Mine: It starts with a gift, a promise, and commission: 

My Son, Eric, 

Herein lies the deed to the Havilah Gold Mine. It’s yours. 100% yours. This mine is guaranteed to yield. Though at times it may appear to have run dry, I promise you that there will always be a fresh vein of gold to follow. You must look for it. Study it. Get to know it. And, never, and I mean never,
will you go without. If you seek gold, you shall find gold. This mine will certainly reward you if you diligently seek it’s riches.

You are penniless and unable to support the high calling you have received on your own earthly salary. I understand this, and therefore, have bequeathed you this mine as the means of financially supporting the gargantuan assignment I have given you. As your Father, I heartily exhort you, even command you, to not take this mine for granted, nor to forsake its great wealth. Mining is difficult work, and no doubt there will be times in which you desire to see if your own measly paycheck can sustain you. I assure you now, that it will not, and never will be able to. So, quit yourself like a man, Eric, and go to work. If you heed my directive and embrace this high calling, you will have riches to spare.

I’m eager to witness how you steward this grand gift I’ve entrusted you! 

Your beloved Father, Abba

The cool thing is that Eric isn't the only one that God gave a gold mine too! We may think it when we hear his messages. And as I've gotten to know he and Leslie personally, I sometimes have wondered if I could ever have rich discoveries like they do. But they are not alone. God has given this gift to each of us. The difference is, some of us are digging…and the rest of us are just sitting around watching. 

My prayer today:

"Lord, help me to dig and keep digging…and never give up digging in this amazing gold mine you've given me!"

God's reply:

"Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding." Prov. 2:3-6

Day 26 - Vit. B-3 Challenge
  • Bible Thought: Let's take advantage of this Gold Mine we've inherited from heaven!
  • Blessing: God is continuing to surprise me with beautiful treasures in His Word!
  • Battle: Praying that God will help me to encourage others to start digging…and not get frustrated because so many aren't!

No comments:

Post a Comment