Thursday, January 31, 2013

Given Grace to Live for Him!

As I shared yesterday, the good news does not stop with realizing what Christ has done for us on the cross. It continues... We are not saved by the Law, but we are saved by Grace, and through Grace are thus enabled to keep the Law. 

"What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid." Romans 6:15

After that powerful thought from Ephesians about being "saved by grace through faith," which I shared yesterday, Ephesians continues: 

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph. 2:10

Jesus tells us in John 15:14: "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

The difference is, now we seek to keep the Law out of love, not out of fear. And we keep it only to the degree that we are willing to abide in Him. (Because it's already been determined that we can't keep it ourselves…that's why we need a Savior.) So while we may no longer be under the condemnation of the law, because Christ died for us on Calvary, we cannot do away with the law as God's law does not change. God never changes. But He has provided a remedy for our inability. 

Thus my confidence is not in my ability to keep God's law. My confidence is in Jesus.

“The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.” Psalm 19:7. Without the law, men have no just conception of the purity and holiness of God or of their own guilt and uncleanness. They have no true conviction of sin and feel no need of repentance. Not seeing their lost condition as violators of God’s law, they do not realize their need of the atoning blood of Christ. The hope of salvation is accepted without a radical change of heart or reformation of life. Thus superficial conversions abound, and multitudes are joined to the church who have never been united to Christ." Great Controversy, p. 468

This has never been so clear to me as it is now. I just praise the Lord! We have to understand His Law in order to realize the significance of the Grace with which He has saved us. 

Extra: To listen to one of my favorite songs, "What about His Grace" click HERE!

Day 31 - Vit. B-3 Challenge
  • Bible Thought: Victorious to Live for Him
  • Blessing: So thankful for Calvary…I cling to the Cross!
  • Battles: To look at self instead of at Christ. If I look at myself I begin to sink, but when I cling to Him, I see hope and victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment